Bringing alive National Tree Day in Brisbane
July 6, 2021
Enjoy getting your hands dirty, and making a positive contribution to your community? Us too!
Torque Toyota is committed to a sustainable future, and we’re proud to be working with Planet Ark for our 14th year, on Australia’s largest annual tree-planting and nature care event, Schools Tree Day (30 July) and National Tree Day (1 August). We’re rallying the Brisbane and Moreton Bay community together for this important event, and we’d love YOU to join us!
Fun fact: National Tree Day was co-founded in 1996 by one of the world’s most passionate environmental activists, Olivia Newton-John, along with Planet Ark – with a goal to see over one million native trees planted each year across Australia. To date, almost 26 million trees have been planted as a result of the program.
So, what’s new for Tree Day in 2021? Well for a start, we are excited to be able to return to group planting activities that were cancelled last year due to the pandemic (pending any further restrictions).
SCHOOLS TREE DAY:
We’re honoured to have the opportunity to donate plants and tools to a number of local schools, and to help set up educational planting experiences to teach the younger generations the importance of caring for our natural environment and giving back to their community. We can’t wait to see your little ones getting their hands into the earth and making a difference on 30 July!
NATIONAL TREE DAY:
Not a school? Not to worry – we’ve got you covered too! We’re also working with local councils on some exciting public events for 1 August – stay tuned for more details on how you can get involved, connect with nature, enjoy a BBQ and other special activities, and make a positive impact on your local environment.
PLANT A TREE IN HONOUR OF YOUR FAMILY OR A SPECIAL EVENT:
Can you think of a better way to show your love for your family than literally giving it life? Why not plant a tree in your backyard in honour of your loved ones, a special event, milestone or achievement? Some of our team will be doing so, and we hope we can inspire you too.
For some extra inspo, here are Torque Toyota’s Top 5 Amazing Tree Facts:
- It is estimated that one large tree can provide a day’s supply of oxygen for up to four people.
- A large healthy tree can sequester up to 93kg of CO2 and 1.4kg of air pollution per year.
- Time in nature leads to happiness, wellbeing and productivity. Research has found that 55% of Australians feel that time in nature improves their mood or eases anxieties during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Trees improve water quality. As rain falls, it is slowed and filtered by trees, helping it soak into the soil. Trees then serve as natural sponges, collecting and filtering rainwater and releasing it slowly into streams and rivers.
- Time spent in green outdoor spaces can lower the risk of many diseases including heart disease and diabetes.
Seriously, how incredible are trees!?
Tree Day is a natural extension of Toyota’s commitment to reduce the environmental impact of its vehicles globally to zero by 2050. With eight low emission hybrid vehicles in our current range and plans for all Toyota models to feature a hybrid version by 2025 – we are well on the way to achieving this goal.
National Tree Day is a day to venture outdoors, get to know your community, and most importantly, have fun. Will you be joining us on 1 August?
If you’re a school keen to get involved, we’d love to work with you! Please reach out to: email@example.com
For further details on public events, stay tuned to our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TorqueToyota